This product is an open-frame type PC equipped with a power saving ARM(R) Cortex-A8:600MHz processor and a fanless, small touch panel function. It uses Windows Embedded Compact 7, an OS designed specifically for embedded systems. Because the OS and user applications are loaded into RAM from the standard-equipped SD card, this product does not require a shutdown process. The front section uses the included packing to obtain dust proofing and waterproofing compliant with IP65.
Contributes to reductions in energy usage
- This product uses an SoC 'AM3354' that is equipped with an ARM(R) processor (600MHz, T.I. Cortex-A8) with a low power consumption platform, which achieves low power consumption while still providing sufficient performance.
Fanless design that reduces maintenance and inspection work
- This product has no CPU fan, uses an SD card for storage, and has a completely spindleless design. Installing the panel using the included waterproof packing and screws prevents the intrusion of dust and other foreign materials from the front (this achieves an IP65 rating for the front). Also, the use of parts that degrade over time has been minimized, which greatly reduces the burden of maintenance and inspection work.
Space-saving design contributes to the miniaturization of equipment
- This touch panel PC uses a 5.7-inch LCD, which makes the PC compact and lightweight (weighs approximately 0.8kg). This product contributes to the miniaturization of equipment. Also, it complies with the 100 × 100mm VESA standard, so it can be installed on an LCD arm.
Equipped with PC-standard expansion interfaces such as USB and LAN
- This product is equipped with USB (1), 100BASE-T (1), and RS-232C (1) interfaces. The drivers for the equipped interfaces are also installed as standard.
Equipped with 'CONTEC Manager', a tool that supports system development
- This product is equipped with 'CONTEC Manager', a tool that provides assistance for system development by way of functions such as an FTP server function, a scheduling function, an automatic time adjustment function that uses NTP, and the Auto RUN function.