This product is a fanless computer for embedded applications. It features an Intel Atom processor E3845 chipset. Thanks to a quad-core CPU, simultaneous stable high-speed processing for four applications is possible with four cores. This CPU also allows for computing power almost four times that of conventional products in addition to three times the graphics performance, a significant improvement. Moreover, power consumption has been significantly reduced, resulting in nearly double the power efficiency compared with the previous generation's architecture.It combines sufficient performance and low power consumption in a space-saving design that can be installed in spaces only 50-mm thick with roughly the same area as a paperback book. This "resource-saving PC" helps you design more compact, energy efficient equipment to reduce running costs and promote energy efficiency.
It has extension interfaces such as DVI-I, Display Port, 1000BASE-T, USB 3.0, and serial. It employs a CFast card for storage and is fanless to ensure a totally spindleless design that simplifies maintenance. In addition, this product is equipped with a proprietary extended RAS*1 function independent of the main computer functions. This feature provides various functions to increase system reliability by automatically restarting the system when detecting errors such as frozen programs, operating system startup faults, and a rise in internal temperature, and by saving detailed logs of the occurrence of errors, which can be useful in failure analysis.
Embedded-type CPU have been adopted. The use of readily available parts ensures the ease of the use of the product. In addition, the use of Contec-customized BIOS allows support to be provided at the BIOS level.
Contributing to reduction of running cost and promotion of energy efficiency.
- It adopts the low-power platform with Intel (R) Atom(TM) Processor E3845 that realizes lower power consumption while ensuring sufficient performance.
Contributing to compact device design. Ultra-small PC is roughly the same area as a paperback book.
- It is the smallest [178 (W) x 115 (D) x 29 (H)] and lightest [800 g] PC in the series, and can be installed almost anywhere. Can be installed in spaces only 50-mm thick with roughly the same area as a paperback book. It largely serves downsizing of your equipment, fits any area with the aestheticness kept.
Slitless/fanless design that reduces maintenance work.
- This product's spindleless design eliminates the heat dissipating slit and CPU fan and adopts CFast card for the storage. There is no need to worry about the intrusion of dust or foreign objects, and the use of parts that degrade over time is minimized to facilitate maintenance.
Remote power management function to reduce operation tasks.
- Supports system startup by external device over network (Wake-on-LAN), by general purpose input (power on by GPI), and by modem reception (power on by ring). It encourages significant labor saving in operation.
Major types of peripherals are supported with rich interfaces including the two CFast card slots.
- It has a variety of extended interface such as DVI-I x 1, Display Port x 1, 1000BASE-T x 2, USB3.0 x 1, serial (RS-232C) x 2. It has two CFast card slots (one built into main unit), providing the ability to separate data from the operating system, as well as the convenience of being able to use one slot for system startup and the other for maintenance or for taking home system logs or collected data.
Built-in monitoring function for improved reliability of industrial equipments.
- The built-in sub-CPU for monitoring offers the ability to save failure logs documenting such information as start-up failures, abnormal temperatures, abnormal OS operation, and recording media swapped while powered up, as well as the ability to restart the OS or the device. Recording the power-on time and the operation time allows for proactive predictions of malfunctions due to parts having reached their service life. This ability makes it possible to construct stable and highly reliable industrial systems.