This product is a small, fanless PC for embedding with a palm-size body that can be mounted on a 35mm DIN rail. This product is the successor to the previous BX-300 microcontroller products and it meets the needs of replacing the BX-300 in systems. The exterior of this product has the same dimensions.
Contributes to reducing running costs and energy efficiency
- While inheriting the basic functionality of the previous BX-300 Series, this product achieves further decreases in power usage and increases in speed while maintaining sufficient performance by employing a low power platform featuring the Intel? Atom? Processor E3845 for the CPU.
- The small chassis (94.0 (W) x 120.0 (D) x 74.7 (H)) is equipped with a variety of interfaces including VGA, USB3.0 x 1, USB 2.0 x 3, RS-232C x 2, LAN x 2 (1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX), Audio, and the F&eIT I/F (for F&eIT Series device modules). This product is also equipped with a PCIe connector that can be connected to an external expansion chassis. This product has the same dimensions as the previous BX-300 Series products, so it can be swapped into existing systems.
Fanless design reduces maintenance and inspection work
- This product features a completely spindle-free design that eliminates the CPU fan and uses a CFast card for storage. The use of components that deteriorate with age has been held down as much as possible, which greatly reduces the burden of maintenance and inspection work.
Remote power management functions that save operational labor
- This product supports Wake On LAN to externally start the PC via the network and Power On by Ring to start the PC by the modem receiving a call. This makes it capable of providing large operational labor savings.
Usable as a controller for F&eIT Series measurement, control, and communication devices∗
- This product can be used as a controller for F&eIT Series measurement, control, and communication devices. Device modules including digital I/O, analog I/O, and serial communication can be used as measurement, control, and communication devices.
Expandable with PCI boards and/or PCI Express boards
- With a single separately sold cable, this product can connect to a PCI Express Cable expansion chassis which enables expansion by PCI/PCI Express boards.