This product is a PCI Express bus-supported board designed for extending RS-232C compatible serial communication functionality on your PC. The < COM-8C-LPE > has eight RS-232C communication ports.With a 128byte built-in FIFO buffer for transmission and reception of each channel, the product supports a baud rate of up to 921,600bps. It also comes with a Windows/Linux driver, which allows boards to be used as OS-standard COM ports. This product supports CONTEC-defined driver library “API-PAC(W32)” that provide local routines.
Max. 921,600bps RS-232C Serial Communication
- The < COM-8C-LPE > has eight RS-232C-standard serial ports. Baud rates from 2 to 921,600bps can be set. When using the bundled “Standard COM Driver Software” and “Driver library API-PAC(W32)”, baud rates from 15 to 921,600bps can be set.
Possibly used as Windows, Linux-standard COM ports using the bundled driver library
- Comes with a driver software that allows the boards to be used under Windows / Linux in the same way as COM ports on the PC. Under Windows, the product supports the OS-standard Win32 API communication function as well as Visual Basic MSComm. Under Linux, OS-standard tty driver's standard-function can be used. In addition, supplies a diagnostic program to confirm hardware operation and to perform a communication test with equipment.
Max. 16 boards can be installed as configured in the range COM1-COM256.
- Up to 16 boards can be mounted on a single PC. COM1 - COM256 can be set using the device manager.
Each channel is equipped with separate 128-byte FIFO buffers for transmit and receive.
- Employed a buffer memory 128-byte dedicated to transmission and 128-byte for each channel. These are FIFO format, useful for high speed communications and to reduce the load to the CPU when transmitting/receiving. As the device manager can be used to enable/disable the use of FIFO and set the FIFO trigger size, you can build an optimum system according to your use.
Support for Low Profile size slot / standard size slot (bundled with bracket)
- Bundled with each bracket for Low Profile size slot / standard size slot. Exchanges it for the standard size bracket when mounting on the standard size slot.
The control line for RS-232C can be controlled and monitored by software.
- The control lines for RTS, CTS, DTR and DSR can be controlled and monitored using software.