This product is a digital I/O terminal that sends I/O digital signals wirelessly in the Sub-1GHz band. *1 Data is sent to Ethernet gateway (Master) of the Wireless I/O series.
With strength against obstacles, capability of long-distance communications in the Sub-1GHz band, and mesh support, it is suitable to control or monitor devices that are spread in the wide area.
The product supports I/O of 12 - 24VDC digital signals, contains opto-coupler isolated input (current sink output support) 4-channel and opto-coupler isolated open-collector output (current sink type) 4-channel.
Other features are a digital filter function which prevents wrong recognition of input signals, an ability to change outputting to the specified patterns when a communication error occurs.
With the provided driver library API-DIO (WDM), you can create application software for Windows using various programming languages supporting Win32 API functions such as Visual Basic and Visual C ++.
*This product should always be used along with the Wireless I/O series Ethernet gateway (Master).
*Driver library can be downloaded from the Contec website.
*DIO-0404LY-WQ-US can be used in the United States.
*1 Sub-1GHz band indicates frequency bands of 1GHz and below. Available frequency band of the product depends on the model. The DIO-0404LY-WQ-US can be used in the 915MHz band (United States of America).
Supports Sub-1GHz band wireless with excellent transmission distance
- This product converts the I/O digital signals wirelessly in the Sub-1GHz band and transmits to the gateway. From the LAN port of a PC, digital signals (12 - 24 VDC) can be easily input or output via the gateway.
The Sub-1GHz band, with the good wraparound characteristics of radio waves, the transmission distance (about 1 km) can be extended even there are obstacles. Stable communication can be achieved even in the environment where radio waves are mixed. As the product is suitable for long distance communication, network can be constructed on the wide area in the facilities without cable wiring.
Highly reliable multi-hop communication
- With wireless multi-hop technology, the communication continues by changing the routes automatically even when disconnection occurs, for example. Communication stability enables the wireless network to be strong against obstacles.
Adaptable to a wide range of temperature
- This product is capable of operating in the temperature between -20 and + 60°C. It can be installed in the various environments.
Windows version of digital I/O driver API-DIO(WDM)
- Driver software with Win32API function (DLL) to support the function is ready to use per terminal.
The driver software contains sample programs such as VisualBasic and VisualC++, and the diagnosis program to check the software operation.
Easy mounting on DIN rail
- This product can be mounted on DIN rail with an optional fixing bracket.
Opto-coupler isolated inputs (compatible with current sink output), Opto-coupler isolated open-collector outputs (current sink type)
- This product has the 4 channels of Opto-coupler isolated inputs (compatible with current sink output) and the 4 channels of Opto-coupler isolated open-collector outputs (current sink type) whose response speed is within 200μsec respectively.