This product is an Ethernet gateway that converts Ethernet into wireless in the Sub-1GHz band*1.
Data from the Wireless I/O series terminal (Slave) can be sent to a PC via Ethernet, or received data from PC can be sent via Ethernet.
With strength against obstacles, the long-distance communications enabled by wireless Sub-1GHz band, and multi-hop support, it is suitable to control or monitor devices that are spread in the wide area.
By using a driver library appropriate to the setting terminal, applications can be created with API functions that support programming languages.
This product also supports Modbus TCP Slave, which makes it possible to control devices and collect data from the higher communication devices containing Modbus Master function.
* This product should always be used along with the Wireless I/O series terminal (Slave).
* Driver library can be downloaded from the CONTEC website.
* The GW1-ETH-WQ-US can be used in the United States.
*1 Sub-1GHz band indicates frequency bands of 1GHz and below. Available frequency band of the product depends on the model. The GW1-ETH-WQ- EU can be used in the 863 - 870MHz band (Europe), and the GW1-ETH-WQ-US can be used in the 902 - 928MHz band (North America).
Supports Sub-1GHz band wireless with excellent transmission distance
- This product converts Ethernet (wired LAN) communication into Sub-1GHz band wireless.
The Sub-1GHz band, with the good wraparound characteristics of radio waves, the transmission distance (about 1 km) can be extended even there are obstacles. Stable communication can be achieved even in the environment where radio waves are mixed. As the product is suitable for long distance communication, network can be constructed on the wide area in the facilities without cable wiring.
Highly reliable multi-hop communication
- With wireless multi-hop technology, the communication continues by changing the routes automatically even when disconnection occurs, for example. Communication stability enables the wireless network to be strong against obstacles.
Supports Modbus TCP Slave protocol
- Modbus is a communication protocol widely adopted in the industrial field. It is possible to control devices and collect data from the higher communication devices containing Modbus Master function.
Adaptable to a wide range of temperature
- This product is capable of operating in the temperature between -20 and + 60°C. It can be installed in the various environments.
Windows version of driver library API-PAC(W32)
- Driver software with Win32API function (DLL) to support the function is ready to use per terminal.
The driver software contains sample programs such as VisualBasic and VisualC++, and the diagnosis program to check the software operation.
Easy mounting on DIN rail
- This product can be mounted on DIN rail with an optional fixing bracket.