This product is a fan-less and high-performance embedded type computer with the seventh-generation Intel® Core i5-7300U processor.
Along with its power-saving and high-performance features, this product has a rich variety of interfaces and achieves fan-less operation by way of natural air-cooling.
Various interfaces such as dual LAN / USB3.0 / DisplayPort / DVI-D / RS-232C / DIO and the slot-in 2.5 inches SATA hard disk bay unit being installed, this product is best suited to displaying images including digital signage.
This computer has one PCI Express (x4) slot and three PCI slots and can be added with up to foure expansion cards.
Embedded-type CPU has been adopted. The use of readily available parts ensures the product to be applied easily. In addition, Contec-customized BIOS allows support to be provided at the BIOS level.
Seventh-generation Core i5 processor adopted
- This product adopts the CPU that saves power consumption and also provides high computing and graphic performances. Embedded-type CPU makes the stable supply possible.
Fan-less design reduces maintenance work
- The product is fanless to ensure a totally spindleless design that simplifies maintenance, relieving the concern about dust or foreign matter to get into the product. Moreover, along with minimized use of degrading parts greatly reduce maintenance work.
Major types of peripherals are supported with rich interfaces
- It has a variety of extended interface such as DVI-D x 1, Displayport×1, 1000BASE-T x 2, USB3.0 x 4, USB2.0 x 2, serial (RS-232C) x 3 and DIO x 1.
It has two slot-in type of 2.5-inch SATA disk slots, providing the ability to separate data from the operating system, as well as the convenience of being able to use one slot for system startup and the other for maintenance or for taking home system logs or collected data.
The attachment fitting and cable ties prevent problems caused by cable disconnections
- For connectors with no locking mechanism such as USB cable, unnecessary trouble can be avoided by the use of cable ties for prevention of cable disconnection.
Safety design required for embedded applications
- For Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC installed type, it is possible to use the UWF *1 function of OS. It is designed for safety required for embedding purpose, for example, prohibiting unwanted writing to the HDD or SSD with UWF function will relieve the concern about the writing limits to the HDD or SSD and prevent an unintentional system alteration.
*1 UWF (Unified Write Filter) is a function of Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC. They protect the disk from being actually written by redirecting the writing to RAM.
One PCI Express (x4) slot and three PCI slots are equipped
- This computer can be added with one PCI Express (x4) expansion card and up to three PCI expansion cards.