Overview / Features
This product is a digital I/O terminal that sends I/O digital signals wirelessly in 868MHz band. Data is sent to Ethernet gateway (Master) of the Wireless I/O series. With strength against obstacles, capability of long-distance communications in 868MHz band, and mesh support, it is suitable to control or monitor devices that are spread in the wide area.
The product supports I/O of 12 - 24VDC digital signals, contains opto-coupler isolated input (current sink output support) 4-channel and opto-coupler isolated open-collector output (current sink type) 4-channel.
Other features are a digital filter function which prevents wrong recognition of input signals, an ability to change outputting to the specified patterns when a communication error occurs.
With the provided driver library API-DIO (WDM), you can create application software for Windows using various programming languages supporting Win32 API functions such as Visual Basic and Visual C ++.
*This product should always be used along with the Wireless I/O series Ethernet gateway (Master).
*Driver library can be downloaded from the Contec website.
*DIO-0404LY-WQ-CN can be used in China only.
Supports Sub-1GHz band wireless with excellent transmission distance
- This product converts the I/O digital signals wirelessly in the 868MHz band and transmits to the gateway. From the LAN port of a PC, digital signals (12 - 24 VDC) can be easily input or output via the gateway.
The Sub-1GHz band, with the good wraparound characteristics of radio waves, the transmission distance (about 1 km) can be extended even there are obstacles. Stable communication can be achieved even in the environment where radio waves are mixed. As the product is suitable for long distance communication, network can be constructed on the wide area in the facilities without cable wiring.
Highly reliable mesh communication
- With wireless mesh technology, the communication continues by changing the routes automatically even when disconnection occurs, for example. Communication stability enables the wireless network to be strong against obstacles.
Adaptable to a wide range of temperature
- This product is capable of operating in the temperature between -20 and + 60°C. It can be installed in the various environments.
Windows version of digital I/O driver API-DIO(WDM)
- Driver software for Windows with Win32API function (DLL) is ready to use.
The driver software contains sample programs such as VisualBasic and VisualC++, and the diagnosis program to check the software operation.
For more details on the supported OS, applicable language and new information, please visit the CONTEC’s Web site.
Easy mounting on DIN rail
- This product can be mounted on DIN rail with an optional fixing bracket.
Equipped with fail safe function
- It has a function to change to a specific output pattern when a communication error occurs, such as when the connection with the Ethernet gateway (parent device) is broken.