Contec Group Code of Conduct
This Group Code of Conduct defines the fundamentalprinciples we (all directors, officers an d employees of the Cont ec Group) should follow in order to realize the Contec Group company creed and management philosophy.
In performing our duties as members of the Contec Group , we act faithfully in accordance with this Code under the following Basic Stance.
- We will act in accordance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, social norms and ethics.
- We will place safety as a major premise in all aspects of our business activities.
- We will remain committed to the creed of “Hini Arata”as we take on new challenges and make changes for the better.
- We will act in good faith and comply with all applicable laws,rules, regulations and social norms of each country in all aspects of our business activities.
2. Safety and health
- We will place safety as a top priority in all of our business activities.
- We will develop and provide safe, high-quality products and services.
- We will strive to maintain and increase the health and well-being of our employees as well as provide comfortable and clean workplaces.
3. Relationship with customers and business partners
- We will provide the best products and services from the customer’s perspective.
- We will maintain appropriate quality control and risk management strategies in accordance with applicable standards in each country and region when providing products and services.
- We will investigate the cause of any problem or accident that occurs, respond to the problem sincerely and promptly, and take action to prevent recurrence.
3-2. Business partners
- We will establish a fair and equitable relationship with our business partners and aim for mutual healthy growth.
- We will s elect suitable suppliers based on quality, reliability, price and other reasonable criteria.
- We will not pursue personal interests over the Group’s interests; such as receiving personal benefits or convenience in the course of our business conducts.
3-3. Faithful and fair trade
- We will comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations in each country and re gion including competition laws, and conduct faithful and fair trade.
- We will comply with import/export laws and regulations applicable in each country and region, and manage our business properly in import and export transactions according to internal regulations.
3-4. Business entertainment and gift-giving
- We will comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations in each country and region, act according to social ethics and ensure transparency in respect of entertainment and gift-giving with customers, business partners and other stakeholders.
- We will not provide entertainment or carry out gift-giving to domestic and/or international public offcials to obtain improper business advantages.
4. Relationship with shareholders and investors
4-1. Disclosure of corporate information
- We will strive to enhance disclosure of information and prom ote communication in order to build relationships of trust with shareholders and other stakeholders.
- We will disclose a ccurate corporate information timely and fairly, and ensure transparency.
4-2. Prohibition of insider trading
- We will strictly manage non-public information (insider information) that affects investment decisions concerning our company and affiliated companies, and exercise appropriate caution with regard to the handling of such information.
- We will not engage in insider trading or activities that may appear to be insider trading.
5. Relationship with individuals
5-1. Respect for human rights
- We will respect the human rights of employees and all other individuals involved in our business activities.
- We will prohibit discrimination or disadvantageous treatment based on race, creed, gender, religion, nationality, political opinion, d isability o r any oth er protected classification.
- We will not permit child labor or forced labor.
- We will not excuse any form of harassment.
5-2. Realize the potential of each employee
- We will respect the diversity of individuals and create an environment in which each employee can demonstrate his or her full potential.
- We will strive to fairly provide opportunities for employee development as needed and as appropriate.
- We will strive to expand ourselves and each other's abilities and d emonstrate our full potential.
6. Relationship with society
- We will contribute to the preservation of the global environment through our business operations.
- We will develop environmentally friendly products and services, and offer them widely to society.
- Each and every one of us will conduct business with a high environmental awareness.
6-2. Local community
- We will strengthen cooperation with the local community and various social contribution activities.
6-3. Politics and government
- We will deal openly with politicians and governments and maintain transparency in all that we do.
6-4. Antisocial forces
- We will stand firmly against “antisocial forces”. or organized c rime, including g roups or organizations that threaten the safety and order of civil society. We will maintain absolutely no relationship with them.
7. Management of corporate assets and information
7-1. Corporate assets protection
- We will use corporate assets only for legitimate business purposes and manage them appropriately with clear distinction between company property and the property of private individuals.
7-2. Intellectual property protection
- We will strive to develop, maintain and effectively use intellectual property rights and will respect and not unfairly use or infringe any third party's intellectual property rights.
7-3. Information protection
- We will recogniz e the value of our t echnical information and expertise and appropriately use and manage it.
- We w ill s trictly m anage i nformation on customers and business partners obtained through business activities and will only use it for legitimate purposes.
- We will carefully protect personal information in accordance with all applicable laws and build a structure for the acquisition, management and protection of such information.
- We will recognize the importance of information security and strive to prevent information leaks.
8. Avoiding conflicts of interest
- We will always act in the best interests of the company.
- We will not put individual interests before company interests without company approval.
9. Dealing with violations and recurrence prevention
- We will report to our superiors or through the internal reporting system and other available channels when we detect actions contrary to this Code.
- We will promptly take correcti ve act ions, investigate the cause and strive to prevent recurrence in response to situations contrary to this Code.