Overview / Features
This product is a micro converter that converts USB port of a PC to a GPIB communication port compatible to IEEE-488 standard.
With the USB cable (1.8 m) included in this package, it can be connected to GPIB interface of any equipment without using GPIB cables. Furthermore, this product is powered by the bus so that simple and compact GPIB communication system can be established.
According to user’s needs, Windows driver and GPIB communication driver supporting LabVIEW can be downloaded from CONTEC website.
Capable to communicate with GPIB communication which is compatible to IEEE-488.1/488.2 standards at 1.5 M byte/sec maximum
- Capable to communicate with any equipment which is compatible to IEEE-488.1/488.2 standards with transfer rate at 1.5 Mbyte/sec maximum. Capable to set this product to whether a master (controller) or a slave.
Compatible to USB1.1/USB2.0 and bus power-driven eliminating the need for external power.
- Compatible to USB1.1/USB2.0 and capable to achieve high speed transfer at HighSpeed (480 Mbps).
The product is driven by bus power from USB, which eliminates the need for external power. In addition, with the USB cable (1.8 m) included in this package, it can be connected to any equipment with GPIB interface without any GPIB cables.
Employs a buffer memory, 2K bytes for transmission and 2K bytes for reception.
- Employs a buffer memory, 2K bytes dedicated to transmission and 2K bytes dedicated to reception, in order to reduce the load to the CPU when transmitting / receiving data.
Windows/LabVIEW compatible support software is offered.
- The support software offered on the CONTEC website makes it possible to create applications of Windows/LabVIEW. In addition, supplies a diagnostic program to confirm hardware operation and to perform a basic communication test with connected equipment.
Employs a high speed GPIB controller developed by CONTEC and provides steady-supply
- This product employs CONTEC's self-developed high speed GPIB controller (μPD7210 register-compatible), which provides users steadysupply with peace of mind.
Built-in SPAS event function (when slaving)
- In addition to the functions of the earlier GPIB controller (μPD7210), the product also supports the SPAS event generated when a serial poll occurs. This gives users a high level of flexibility in constructing the system.