Overview / Features
This product is a low profile sized PCI Express bus-supported board designed for extending RS-422A/485 compatible serial communication functionality on your PC.
The product has one RS-422A/485 communication ports.
Higher noise-resistant models with isolation between a PC and bus line as well as a surge protection circuit for communication ports. With a 128byte built-in FIFO buffer for transmission and reception of each channel, the product supports a baud rate of up to 921,600bps.
It also comes with a Windows driver, which allows boards to be used as OS-standard COM ports.
Max. 921,600bps RS-422A/485 Serial Communication
- The product has one RS-422A/485-standard serial port. Baud rates from 30 to 921,600 bps can be set.
Possibly used as Windows-standard COM ports, using the bundled driver library
- Comes with a driver software that allows the products to be used under Windows in the same way as COM ports on the PC. Under Windows, the product supports the OS-standard Win32 API communication function as well as Visual Basic MSComm. In addition, supplies a diagnostic program to confirm hardware operation and to perform a communication test with equipment.
Isolation between PCs, surge protection for all signal lines
- Between PCs are electrically isolated.
As isolation of the bus is provided, this prevents electrical noise between the PC and external circuits. As surge protection is provided on all signal lines, you can safely use the boards in environments where you are concerned about surges causing incorrect operation or damage to the PC.
LEDs for operation check within; Equipped with 2- piece terminal
LEDs are installed to check the operations and enable you to view communication status.
The transmission line connection terminal that is linked to cables can be connected or disconnected to the board simultaneously. With tightened screws that prevent the terminal coming off, you can safely use the boards without unnecessary troubles.
Each channel is equipped with separate 128-byte FIFO buffers for transmit and receive.
- Employed a buffer memory 128-byte dedicated to transmission and 128-byte for each channel.
These are FIFO format, useful for high speed communications and to reduce the load to the CPU when transmitting/receiving. As the device manager can be used to enable/disable the use of FIFO and set the FIFO trigger size, you can build an optimum system according to your use.
Support for Low Profile size slot / standard size slot
- Bundled with each bracket for Low Profile size slot / standard size slot. Exchanges it for the standard size bracket when mounting on the standard size slot.